Find Your Fit
Small Cup Bra Sizing Guide for Petites
There are two fairly reliable ways to find your bra size if you are small-busted. Try each of these and bring your results with you to try on bras in each size you came up with; you may find that one of these is consistently a better fit than the other, or you may need the first size in one brand and the second in another. The calculation for each strategy is the same, but one uses your overbust measurement while the other takes your underbust.
How to Measure
There are 3 measurements you will need in order to find your size. Do not stretch the tape measure, but try to get it as flat as possible against your skin all the way around. Record each of the following, rounding up to the nearest half-inch:
- Overbust [O]– Measure across the top of your chest just below your shoulders in front, under your arms and straight across your back at the same height.
- Fullest Bust [F]– Measure your breasts at their fullest area (usually at or just below the nipple) with the tape straight across in front and around your back at the same height. Between the fullest points of your breasts in front, the tape should not touch your body.
- Underbust [U]– Measure beneath your breasts and around under the shoulder blades in back, where the band of your bra goes.
Now you should have three numbers, each ending in .0 (whole number) or .5. Next I’ll show you how to use them.
Calculate Your Bra Size
Choose either the overbust [O] or the underbust [U] measurement for the following calculations to get your band and cup size. Then, try the same calculations with the other measurement.
- Band size = chosen measurement [O] or [U] rounded to the nearest whole even number.
- Cup size in inches [C] = fullest bust measurement [F] minus original chosen measurement [O] or [U].
If the measurement is odd, i.e. 31 or 31.5, round up; if it is even, i.e. 30.5 or 32, round down for half-inch measurement or take the even whole number as your band size.
Cup Size Chart
- If [C] equals… then your cup size is:
- 0 – .5 in: AA
- 1 – 1.5 in: A
- 2 – 2.5 in: B
- 3 – 3.5 in: C